LAURA’S HOME RESOURCE CENTER VOLUNTEER *Involves Direct Resident Contact
LOCATION: Laura’s Home- 18120 Puritas Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44135
AVAILABLE TIMES: Weekdays 10am-11:30am or 12:45pm-2:15pm. Additional hours may be available.
The Resource Center is a place where the women obtain access to resources necessary for stability and preparation for housing and employment. Also, our program participants complete a digital literacy course, prepare resumes, search for jobs and housing, problem solve legal, employment, and housing issues, and search for employment and housing.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Resource Center volunteers are able to fulfill 1-7, #8 & #9 are based on skill and training of Volunteer):
- Assist residents with basic computer functions (i.e. logging into laptops, logging into online assessment portals, setting up/logging into google meet or zoom meetings, etc.)
- Assist residents with digital literacy program by one-on-one coaching during training
- Assist residents with copying, scanning, using their phones for accessing resources, etc.
- Assist Staff by being first point of contact for Residents as they complete their assigned work in the Resource Center, freeing up the WDS to conduct one-on-one meetings as needed
- Willingness to open and assist residents in the Resource Center when staff is off-site.
- Upon request of WDS, assist residents with paperwork completion such as resumes, job applications, court papers and applications for housing or other services
- Assist with checking in and logging library books, organizing shelves and updating library database, as needed
- Facilitate mock employment interviews upon request
- GED tutoring
- Basic computer skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products
- A desire to encourage people as they work, learn and grow
- Ability and willingness to serve and communicate effectively with a diverse population
- Patience and the ability to listen intently
- Free of an addictive lifestyle
- Understanding of the boundaries pertaining to the position
- Abides by the TCM’s Statement of Faith at all times
- Have the skills necessary to complete the tasks pertaining to the position
- Attend Volunteering 101 Session
- Complete Online Application
- Sign Volunteer Waiver
- Acknowledge Statement of Faith
- Onsite Visit with Staff
- Background check