LAURA’S HOME FRONT DESK VOLUNTEER *Involves Direct Resident Contact
LOCATION: Laura’s Home- 18120 Puritas Ave. Cleveland, OH 44135
AVAILABLE TIMES: Weekday and weekend flexibility between 8am-9pm; ideally in 2-3 hour increments (dependent on what slots are already filled)
- Control entry into Laura’s Home, utilizing a door buzzer system and monitoring residents as they walk through the metal detector. Screen incoming guests/visitors, report any unwelcomed guests to staff
- Answer telephones with empathy and take messages as needed, route calls to extension/voicemail.
- Place callers seeking shelter on the waiting list, writing legibly.
- Greet guests (individual and/or group) upon arrival and portray a welcoming and friendly attitude
- Connect guests with proper staff member
- Sort incoming mail using daily resident roster provided by Resident Assistant.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be passionate about ministering to women and children in crisis
- Willing to be the first point of contact for guests and residents
- Confident leader
- Free of an addictive lifestyle
- Understanding of the boundaries pertaining to the position
- Work respectfully under TCM staff
- Abides by the TCM’s Statement of Faith at all times
- Have the skills necessary to complete the tasks pertaining to the position
- Attend Volunteering 101 Session
- Complete Online Application
- Sign Volunteer Waiver
- Affirm Statement of Faith
- Onsite Visit and Training with Staff
- Background check